Our club rules and etiquette requirements are there to ensure consistency of standards for all members, guests and visitors to the Burstead Golf Club. We operate a modern, forward thinking dress code. Should you or that of your guest(s), be considered inappropriate then our staff have been instructed to dscreetly bring it to your attention.
- Caps should be worn forwards.
- Golf shirts must have a collar and be tucked in at all times.
- Shorts must be tailored.
- Mobile phones are permitted but must be on silent and used in consideration to others on the course.
- Appropriate recognised golfing footwear.
- Denim jeans/shorts.
- Cargo shorts.
- Tracksuits, T-Shirts or football/rugby shirts are not allowed at any time.
- Please remove all headwear when entering the mainbar.
- Spikes are permitted in the Spike Bar ONLY.
- Smart denim jeans (non distressed or ripped) are allowed in the clubhouse NEVER on the course.
Pace of Play:
An acceptable pace to your round is a prerequisite to maximising your enjoyment of your game. On course bottlenecks and traffic jams are often caused by a combination of those minor details that are not considered. When we talk of pace of play it is not designed to make you feel that you need to rush your shots, instead it is to ensure your round is as brisk and efficient as possible and without minimal disruption.
In order to help please review the following tips:
Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your allotted tee time.
Keep practice swings, pacing out distances to a minimum
Try to determine your club selection whilst your playing partners are going through their pre shot routine.
Leave your bags/trolleys or golf carts to the side of the green and in the direction of the next tee, never in front of or to the incorrect side of the green.
Mark your scores on the next tee, whilst others are teeing off, never delay play by scoring on the green
Try and keep up with the group in front and be aware of those behind you.
'Be aware' move aside if those behind you are generally playing quicker.
Be Prepared and ready for play!!
Whilst we do not impose a handicap rule here, we would like to request that all players no matter of standard respect and abide by the above conditions thus ensuring you maximise your enjoyment and experience with us.
Thank you for your consideration.